Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Calhoun County Florida

   I was assigned to create an Arcmap of Calhoun County Florida. At a glance the lab appeared to be something that I did not want any part of, but as the lab progressed I began to better understand what was needed to accomplish this lab. I actually found the lab enjoyable in the end. The only part that I did not like was having to search through the many files in order to get the correct data to fit what one was trying to show. I learned a lot in this lab, not only did this lab use the teachings of the previous labs, but it also taught me other methods of manipulating physical features of the projected data. With this lab we familiarized ourselves with FGDL, Labins, and NationalMap.gov. I also learned how to search and download the correct data needed for ArcMaps.
  The ArcMap I created actually consist of two maps, the Map on the left is a basic map layout showing the major roads, cities, major rivers, parks, invasive plants of Calhoun County. The map to the right is a map that shows the hydrology, elevations, land cover, and the DOQQ of Calhoun County Florida. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment