Thursday, February 9, 2017

WK4_SharingGIS


   On cold days like this, there is nothing that keeps me warm besides a nice Lab from GIS. This week we learned how to create map packages, create maps for the web, and created a KML file to share in google earth.
  At first I found creating the data for the map package the most troublesome. I had problems getting my text file to load up into ArcGIS Online to get the geocode for my map package. After the geocode was created we were able to bring the shape file into ArcMap.
  The map shown to the right is an actual web map that I created using the data that was created by map packaging, in the map I used the ArcOnline data to add the " World Street Map" layer. The map shows buildings that signify the town halls of the top 10 cities in Massachusetts.


No comments:

Post a Comment